View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 01:01 AM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You said you had an Aura HD. The first three tap options have always been in the firmware. The last one was added at least a year ago.

Also, you can swipe to turn the page and a recent update added an option to turn tapping off.

I like the screen size of my Aura H2O, but, it is a bit bulky. I've found I prefer the 6" Glo HD or the 7.8" Aura ONE (which my wife is currently using).

Also, there are no rumours yet, but, my bet is that Kobo releases something new in April/May. Personally, I'm hoping for a 6", 300DPI device with the same features as the Aura ONE.

And to answer another post, "nickel" is the Kobo application on their devices that does everything. It is what you see whenever you use it.
I don't recall the Aura HD having that option. If it did, perhaps the thickness of the device paired with the larger screen width might have made it difficult to reach past the 33%. I seem to recall it having triangular grooves or something. In that case, the 6" Aura might serve better.

I hate swiping to turn pages. Hence, I prefer to have huge tap zones for next page.

At this point I'm leaning towards the Boyue. I'll get the Tolino Shine first, though. At $30, it's worth a try before I get something more expensive. This is just gonna be secondary to my tablet anyway. The tablet's just easier to use for in-progress fanfics.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote