View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Because his cursor was likely at the beginning of a line of code. I'm sure he'll be able to verify that [a-zA-Z]* does indeed return matches for him when the cursor is placed in front of letter before clicking "Find" (and Minimum Match is unchecked).
I indeed placed the cursor immediately before <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> when I ran my tests and didn't get any matches.

@WS64: Try the following:

1. Create a new epub2 book.
2. Position your cursor immediately before the x in xml in the first line and run your search in Regex mode with all search options unchecked and Down as the search direction. You should get xml as the only match unless you add a space after the asterisk, in which case you'll get a couple more matches.

The search will fail if the cursor is positioned before a non-letter or if a word is highlighted in Code View.

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote