View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 04:07 AM   #24
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryhder View Post
Sorry about my late reply. I've been away from my pc the past few days so I couldn't run those commands.

The web browser works as it should.
OK, we know now that the UFW firewall is on. We also know that the calibre wireless device is listening on port 9090. I also note that you added some firewall rules, which might change things.

A few posts back you said that "the first step didn't work". I want to be sure that that means the same thing for both of us.

If on your laptop in a web browser you connect to 127.0.0.1:9090 you should see something like the following (I am using Chrome). Note the "invalid response".
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	158757

If you connect to 127.0.0.1:9091 (an invalid port) you should see something like this. Note that "site cannot be reached".
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	158758

If you get "site cannot be reached" with port 9090 then something on your laptop is blocking that port. That "something" is local to the machine because 127.0.0.1 addresses do not go through the external network.

If you get "invalid response" with port 9090 then try the same thing from your Android device, but using 192.168.... (the laptop's IP address) instead of 127.0.0.1. If you don't get "invalid response" then something on your network is blocking access to that port. That "something" can be your router, the dongle, or the firewall.

If you get "invalid response" then try CC. It should work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote