View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #32
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Funny this should come up. This week, my 14-year-old son commented on a passage in an LM Montgomery book where the author used an ellipsis in narration. He said he had just been taught in is middle-school Honors Language Arts class that ellipses should only be used in dialog.
I disagreed (as, obviously, did LMM).

I can see, however, that there might be stylistic prohibitions against that kind of punctuation use. It seems like it would be a good rule to follow in journalism, for example. I wonder what the various style guides say on the matter.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote