View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:29 AM   #1082
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by botmtl View Post
For the example I created, I doesn't make much sense. However, there is lots of fancy stuff you can do efficiently with data-uris. The book I bought used data-uris to make fancy/themed <hr>s that didn't require much data at all.
It's still more efficient to actually store the image, unless we're talking about something so tiny that the overhead of creating a file at all is a significant factor. (In which case, I'll still point to the cover image as the biggest part of almost any ebook and stick to my guns.)

Is the book in question self-published or traditionally published?

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmtl
Besides, I think there a a lot of users who do download web pages (that potentially have images encoded this way) and make them into ebooks (fanficfare, news recipes, read-it-later type websites, etc.). I am one of them.
I think that's a much smaller population than you think it is. It may seem larger from the inside, but I doubt it's a drop in the bucket as a proportion of Ebook-Reading People.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote