View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 01:35 AM   #5
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
MapleRead 1.5

Did you ever finalize a privacy policy? I'm guessing reading data is associated with the email address used when registering and then stored on your private server. Any chance you might sync through iCloud in the future?

Other than privacy concerns, I'm really happy with MapleRead 1.5
@odamizu - Obviously you are very eager to see the privacy policy. I'm just curious as to how you can overlook it? There are at least two such obvious places to look at.

(1) On your iPhone or iPad, for every app you may download at the App Store, if you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see Privacy Policy button, two rows below Version History. There is indeed a valid link for MapleRead apps. Did you overlook this when you download the new CX?

(2) When you try to create a new Maplepop account, you'll also see the Privacy Policy if you press Help (below Create Account). Since I'm using an app, I expect this is a standard practice for the developer to provide such a button near the place when I want to read the privacy policy first before giving them email address or other personal information. In this aspect, the developer (Maplepop) completely meets my expectation. Have you ever opened the Sign In dialog in the first place or overlook the Help button?

Only an email address is asked for in order to create a Maplepop account. This is very reasonable. Otherwise, how can it associate whatever data you're going to sync with your devices?
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote