View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #44
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I may not have worded it very well. As I recall, you sign up for 90 days, and if you don't take your book out of Select during the 90 days, it gets auto-enrolled for another 90 days. I don't think you could leave after 95 or 120 days, I think you'd have to wait until you'd been in for 180 days. I've only tried it once, though, so my memory of the details is a bit sketchy.
I came across a lengthy thread on the KDP forums on Amazon the other day where several authors mentioned that there apparently is a new form available somewhere in the author area, which allows the author to contact Amazon service and pull out of KDP Select immediately if they don't wish to be enrolled to Kindle Unlimited.

I gather several authors already did that and their KDP Select status was ended right away (or as soon as the support service got around to it, I suppose).

Of course I don't know if that option is only in place now, when KU is a brand new thing, to allow authors to "opt out" (since KDP Select authors didn't get a say about it when the program was announced but were opted in automatically).
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote