View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #228
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Audible is one of the few places where I really don't mind the DRM. First off, if you really want to get past it, it's easy (though time consuming) to do. Just route the output to your favorite audio recording and you have a nice DRM free recording.
The fact that anything you can play or display can be copied is one of the many reasons DRM is pointless technophobic ritual on the part of publishers. But as you point out, a lot of users who change computers every few years and use all 'default' software can get along without having to think about it too much.

Anyway, that tangent could go on forever. I wrapped up Dresden files #4, Summer Knight, and moved on to #5, Death Masks. I also have assorted dharma talks going, if those count, and am trying to track down more inspirational/motivational stuff for the regular morning commute in my near future.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote