View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I don't care how "unobtrusive" the ads are, I don't want them on my eReader's wallpaper or popping up in book ("Are you enjoying this novel? Why not purchase the next in the series for 15% off list price!!!") or on the screensaver or as a ticker across the bottom or built into the back cover. I don't want them on a device that I paid for, that I own, and that I use to relax and escape into other worlds. (I also fast-forward through all television ads. )
I think there are two kinds of ads. One that is disruptive and will break your routine and one that is unobtrusive and which you'll notice when you need it.

If you look at TV ads, they fall in both categories. The first are the ones that are shown right in the movie and show. Those, I hate, and always fast-forward (if I recorded it). But you can also have ads between shows and movies. Those I don't mind that much, and I'll generally look at them with one eye, while preparing myself to sit down to the show or movie.

Now, if you project that to that Kindle, the way it's implemented now is the second method. You will only see the ads when you're not reading. I think they'll lose a lot of customers if they ever get it into their heads to show an ad right in the book...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote