View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post

I don't care how "unobtrusive" the ads are, I don't want them on my eReader's wallpaper or popping up in book ("Are you enjoying this novel? Why not purchase the next in the series for 15% off list price!!!") or on the screensaver or as a ticker across the bottom or built into the back cover. I don't want them on a device that I paid for, that I own, and that I use to relax and escape into other worlds. (I also fast-forward through all television ads. )
That sums up my thoughts as well. When I sit down to read a book, I'm removing myself from world of ads, or trying to. I want no part of it near the experience if I can help it. It's optional, so that's cool. If others are happy with it, that's cool too.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote