View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 12:37 AM   #10
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I have lived in the suburbs of the greatest city in the world all my life and have had the priviledge to work in and to explore it for most of said life.
The Big Apple.
The City that never sleeps.
New York.
We have the landmarks famous throughout the world.
We have the new and the old living in a chaotic harmony that must be witnessed to be appreciated.
At street level, you see all the shiny and new, wraparound glass, trendy names and bright lights of the new City.
One must look up.
Witness the architecture, the rich history. Gargoyles lurk here. Enigmatic faces carved into stone. The towering concrete canyons.
I have seen monuments born.
Stood deep below street level and looked up into the skeleton of what was to be the Twin Towers.
I have seen the lights of the City from the roof of Tower 1.
The Statue of Liberty.
The Museum of Natural History.
Central Park by day and by night.
The Empire State Building.
The Flatiron Building.
South Street Seaport.
Times Square.
Ellis Island.
Grand Central Station.
The Apollo Theater.
Rockefeller Center
Restaurant Row.
Broadway.
The USS Intrepid.
Lincoln Center.
And all the things tourists never get to see.
The Botanical Gardens.
Coney Island.
The New York Aquarium.
The Bronx Zoo.
And so much more.
I don't travel the world because I live in the City the world travels to see.
Everything is here.
And it will never grow old.

Last edited by recluse; 10-29-2010 at 12:53 AM.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote