Thread: Rss2Book
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #130
Fubrite
Fubrite began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Problem with Web2book

Hi,

I'm using ver 21 of this software, and am having a few problems - either the log shows 'processing....' indefinitely and nothing seems to happen, (Google news and Dilbert) or I get the following error

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess( ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at web2book.Utils.RunExternalCommand(String cmd, String args, String workdir, Boolean useShell, Int32 timeout, String& output)
at web2book.MainForm.ConvertHtml(StringBuilder htm, String fname, ContentSource cs)
at web2book.MainForm.AddSource(ContentSourceList sourceClass, ContentSource source)

The html files are produced and I can run them manually through HTML2DOC and they come out perfectly, but rss2book doesn't seem to get that far. (This happens with BBC News, NYT and Engadget.)

The other thing is, I noticed that the name of the install file at the top of this thread is the same as that in the Alpha version thread, and also the installed program is called Web2book rather than rss2book. If I'm right in thinking I'm running the Alpha version, can you tell me where to get a copy of an older version of rss2book to try?

Thanks
Fubrite is offline   Reply With Quote