View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #14578
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Finally got around to reading Friday The Rabbi Slept Late by Harry Kemelman, bought earlier in the year in a movie themed sale by Rosetta Books. All the descriptions of rabbinical stuff were fascinating, I almost forgot there was a mystery to solve, which the rabbi did with aplomb. I promptly snagged the next in the series, Saturday The Rabbi... from Kobo using a 30% off promo code.
It's a great series. I have them all in paperback, but can't justify gtting them in ebook at the moment. I highly recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Now I am reading the Analog.
Also a good issue.

Then I read Mindbridge by Joe Haldeman, a 1976 novel published just a couple of years after The Forever War. I do wonder whether it was written before The Forever War.

It was a good read, but I prefer my SF with one impossible thing, not three or more. Wow — I bought this one over four years ago!

Next up: The Best of Marion Zimmer Bradley. A collection of shorter works.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote