View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #12
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It would appear to be. My iPad backup folder is only 114MB in size. Given that I have 40GB+ of data on my iPad, it clearly is not backing everything up.

There is no way to turn it off - on a PC, at least.

If you do a Google search for "slow iPad backup" you'll see that this is a problem that pretty much everyone seems to have.
Well mine is 32 gb and the backup isn't that big but remember of course it doesn't do an actual backup of music books movies apps etc as they are already on your system so it just records the fact they were on their! So it is actually a full backup your 114mb is only part of it the rest of the 40gb is in your books, videos etc folders.

If you were to backup your iPad now then force it into restore mode and sreinstall the os thus removing everything a restore from previous backup would then restore it to exactly as it is now.

Basically when device is connected in iTunes click on the device icon and I can under the summary tab untick 'open iTunes when this iPad is connected' then when you connect the device nothing will happen. Then when you open iTunes the device will show up but it won't sync or do any backups then unless you actually click on 'sync'
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote