View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A very reasonable point. For work, I just use the built-in apps (mainly email).
On a mobile technology forum I follow, someone pointed out that most of the Windows phones that sold were very inexpensive, and sold at a net loss to Microsoft. This person said that few of the high end Windows phones were sold, and people who buy very inexpensive phones are unlikely to buy additional services and apps. The business model was upside down, and unsustainable.

I have to say, as a 'creator' (photography, and blogging about photography), I find the recent moves by Microsoft exciting and they meet my needs very well.

The root level support that ACDSee (a photo app) provides for MS OneDrive is very useful and has significantly changed how I view manage, and store my photos. And for $100/year (US), I can have 5 1TB cloud storage accounts I can share with family and/or collaborators, and each come with the FULL Microsoft Office suite, and of course the online office versions as well. This is the best deal I could find in cloud storage.

I have been using LibreOffice for the last 5 years or so, but I have to say, MS Office is still better, and I have access to OneNote, Outlook, Access, and Excel and they all work together in a very useful manner.

From my perspective, the loss of Win 10 mobile is a small price to pay for increased resources used to try and figure out how to make my creative efforts more productive.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote