View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #42
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Glad it's working out for you. I bet your new one will be must better. As far as testing - I tried to mimic a test from an endgadget review.

"When it comes to battery life Amazon says you can expect 11 hours of normal usage, and in our typical battery rundown test (with a looping video, WiFi on and the display set to a fixed brightness) we scored about an hour short of that."

Full review:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/11/a...review-7-inch/

I don't think they are streaming video, and they don't say what "fixed brightness" they used.

I have some purchased videos in the Amazon Video on Demand store. I downloaded the longest one to my fire HD. Once fully charged I set the brightness to the middle (this was arbitrary on my part) and I started playing the downloaded video - any time I thought about it I restarted at the beginning (my poor man's looped video.) With my replacement my play time was in the right ballpark for the 9" version - the same endgaget test yielded ~9 hours for the 9". My the one I replaced couldn't make it past 5 hours.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote