View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #27
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post

Are tablets overpriced? Apples sure does sell as many iPads as they can pump out. So the answer is probably no, they're not priced too high. Some others (Motorola Zoom, I'm looking at you)? Oh yes.
The xoom pricing was nuts. They didn't even have a wifi only model at launch, so the cheapest xoom was like $700 iirc. Then the iPad 2 came out soon after and was thinner and lighter. D'oh. People talk about the apple premium, but how about the anti-Apple premium? Paying more so you can buy anyone but apple.

I like what Samsung did. They went back and reworked their tablet . The Tab 10.1 looks good. I don't like 16:9 ratio though. It's only good for watching TV. I think apple got that one right.

The best hope for a cheap good tablet is Amazon. They're the only one with the cash and business model that allow them to sell one at or below cost.

Or we can hope Samsung decides to quit the tablet market to concentrate on TVs.

Last edited by Barty; 08-23-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote