View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #49
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Somewhat OT: I have the same issue. I've b*tched--er, inquired--of several of the courses that I've taken, in the last 3 years, as to WHY it's all video, all the time, and every single answer came back as: they're harder to pirate.

I recently suffered through more than a few days of video-only, on a course, and I spent nearly 10 days transcribing them by hand. Did I learn the material? Still, NO. Now I have to go back and re-read my own handwriting, which is only slightly better than the rack in terms of punishment doled out.

The whole "video-only" thing really gets up my nose, especially when paying a goodly chunk of change to get the courses in the first place. On both of the courses I'm discussing, they're in the 4 digits and high 4. Yes, really--all videos, all the time. P*ssed me right the h3ll off.

Hitch
You have my sympathies. I belong to a crafting site, and all of it is videos. Those that take the courses love it. "I don't understand written instructions"
I'm the oddball in preferring written instructions.

The only saving grace and maybe one you can use is CC. The site is slowly adding CC to the videos, and it looks like you might be able to print that selectively by editing.

I have only bought a couple of books from O'Reilly - both hard copy. I did repurchase one in PDF as I liked the finderscope views for each constellation's highlights. It is on the tablet with the astronomy programs.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote