Old 04-26-2013, 02:38 AM   #222
Carpman
Connoisseur
Carpman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
A slight hiccup

Quote:
Originally Posted by helsbels81 View Post
=Dangze;2469065]I already complained about this (see former posts here and in the "Jelly Bean has landed" thread), and received bad answer from Kobo guy. So don't expect any change in the next future. As far as factory reset is concerned, unfortunately it won't return to the old Android version, so don't waste your time with this.

Anyways, I found a way to display the upper bar when needed, installing this app :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...statusbar.free
which is working well...

Regards.
thanks for the advice Dangze! Just downloaded the app so hopefully it will be better! And thanks for letting me know a factory reset wouldn't work. Would have been even more annoyed had I done that! [/QUOTE]

Hi

I tried this app as indicated. However I am left with a major problem, my books now have "foreign" text within them so are unreadable!!!!

I have deleted this app, problem remained, deleted my Kobo software and rebooted my Arc.
I then went to the Play store and downloaded the Kobo software and repopulated my Arc with my books, some of which I transferred over using FTP as some pf my books did not come from Kobo. Rebooted my Arc once again.

Now for the help request, my books still have "foreign" objects/text within them making them impossible to read. I might add this includes the books I FTP'd over from Calibre (I manage my books via Calibre).

So I'm now stuck, any advice would be welcome!

Thanks
Carpman is offline   Reply With Quote