View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Glowlight Plus sideloading fails a lot

I have 507 epub books in my Dropbox ebooks folder. This weekend I decided to copy them to my Glowlight Plus. I have them on my Glowlight 3 already. I copied them all and ended up with no books at all.

I deleted them (via Windows Explorer) and reset the Glowlight Plus to factory defaults, got it registered and tried again. Same result.

I deleted them again and this time copied about 40 books. 26 of them were on the device although I could see them all, as before, in Windows Explorer.

I again deleted them all and copied 10 books. Then 10 more. Then on until all 507 books had been copied. I carefully waited each time till it told me the new books were there before I sent 10 more. Somehow this time it lost 3 books and I decided to settle for that.

I'm not sure if I've done this before with the Glowlight Plus but I think I probably have. If I'd had a problem like this I'm sure I'd have remembered it so either I haven't done it or it worked.

Oh I forgot to mention that after sending over the 507 files the first time I waited overnight to see if it was something comparable to the Kindle indexing problem. That didn't help.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote