View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 03:55 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
they would need permission/ licence/ certification or whatever from google for that to happen ?

from what I read, there is a deliberate block in place that stops sideloading google services attempts from working. it's not clear why that is. Probably to support chinese censorship, as HiSense is 40% state owned ?
wikipedia: Owner
Qingdao State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration (39.5%)
I beleive that google services are deliberately blocked on the Chinese model. That doesn't mean they couldn't release a world-wide model. But it's possible that they have no interest in doing so.

I'm looking forward to actual user reviews of this new E-Ink screen. I do wonder whether Amazon have something up their sleeve for this year.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote