View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRONAUTA View Post
I understand what you say, but in the name of the file where it says "(r1.0)" is the version of the book, then you could compare with the same book as this in my library, and already has a column the version.
No, because that isn't the "name", it is ancillary (custom) metadata.

I can't remember offhand whether it checks the author in addition to title, but a custom "version" column most certainly doesn't qualify as a "name", and I also promise you that the calibre developer will not be persuaded to check even other builtin columns, let alone custom columns.

Also, filename is irrelevant. By default, calibre derives metadata from the embedded metadata, NOT the filename. You can change that in preferences, but calibre doesn't support deriving custom columns from the filename anyway.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote