View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #18
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
You may need to specify your needs and do more analysis. For instance, what kind of pdf books you usually read? How much money do you want to spend on ebooks? (me: NOT a penny)

I read pdf books without graphics or tables and I think landscape mode of 6" screen is the best. So one of my priorities was to find a device that was easy to hold that way for a long period of time, especially in bed. The physical design is very important for me. The kindle is not easy to hold in that orientation. The Sony is better but not much. The Nook doesn't support landscape at all.

Some devices may have better prices but keep in mind that as long as you decide to buy ebooks you may end up spending a lot of money -- as some old kindle users pointed out on Amazon website, they noticed that Amazon had raised prices on many ebook titles over the years. One less than 200 page academic ebook a friend wanted to buy cost more than 60 dollars on the publisher's website while the paperback sold on amazon.ca cost 40 something (free shipping). I am glad he eventually found the free ebook version online instead of spending the 60 or even 40 $ for less than 200 pages! Some may choose not to read best sellers even they were free.

At the end, I think your personal needs go first then try to get the best deal from any country. I live in Toronto. I bought my device from the U.S. - luckily no duty or tax collected -- I still can't believe it.

Last edited by jshzh; 05-26-2011 at 01:08 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote