Thread: Telephone Scam
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Glo HD, Sony PRS-650, iPhone 6S, iPad Mini 4
If you are using an iPhone (you don't say, there) then get "True Caller" or "Hiya" which will allow you to add these psychopathic individuals to your blocklist very easily. Both these apps also come with a builtin which appear to differ according to location. I've been very impressed with them. Spammers and Scammers on the phone get right up my nose.

[edit] More info: True Caller appears to be available for Android and Windows mobile as well. Nice. Its free to download and theres a subscription model which is NOT compulsory. I've been using it free for months.

No idea how they would spoof a genuine number, but hopefully the software finds a way to ID the true origin of the call.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 11-08-2017 at 11:25 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote