View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
<snip calibre library size>

Or, let me try getting my point across another way: Why must you have a *.kobo_glo.epub, *.kobo_aura.epub, *.sony_t1.epub, and *.bokeen_gen3.epub always sitting around on your HDD?
If I have two or three e-readers and I want different conversions (or maybe different embedded font for each) without having to do a conversion before uploading the books, then all versions need to be on the HDD.

At this time, my calibre library contains 310 books. It's 410MB. Adding the AZW3 versions would take it up to around 850MB or so. If the library contained 3000 books, it would be 8.5GB. Add another two formats for a library of 17GB.

In my opinion, 17GB of data is insignificant on today's terabyte-sized hard drives. Many current games are larger than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
IRC the only difference between an epub file for sony or other readers would be the cover size. And from what I can tell calibre updates that according to the device being send to. So keeping different versions for different readers is not needed.
That is your opinion; there isn't an option to embed fonts and add extra CSS for nothing.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote