View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Hmm, ok. That's too complicated for me. This is just a brainstorming session on my part, because I was experimenting with several different fonts to embed.

If I really get into the situation of having 2 ereaders that use the same output format, and my default EPUBs don't work (for example, because I want to embed fonts), I'll just use different libraries, like this:

Import book -> Calibre Library Workplace
*** do stuff ***
Copy book -> Calibre Library Main
Copy book -> Calibre Library Sony
Copy book -> Calibre Library Kobo

(Up until copying a book to a main library my current workflow already. I don't "do stuff" in my main library, except creating AZW3's, side-loading, and browsing.)

Then, in the seperate libraries, I'll just do a re-convert, embedding the fonts I want, and then destroy "ORIGINAL_EPUB". These libraries will then only be used to upload books to the readers.

If something significant would change in the main library, then deleting the changed books from the specific libraries, creating a new copy and a reconvert will take care of that.

Last edited by Katsunami; 10-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote