View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
ccayer
ccayer is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X50v, JetBook Lite
OK, Calibre's back and running. I connected the Jetbook, and after 4 min, 18 sec, it finished getting the list of 373 books from the device. Actually, it failed a few times until I increased the Sleep option of the Jetbook from 3 minutes to 10 minutes. The entire time it was reading the list of books on the Jetbook, the progress indicator in the Jobs window was constantly running from 0 to 100 percent, over and over.

Both the books in internal memory, as well as the books on the SD card listed correctly; some showing in the Library column, others (the ones that came with the Jetbook) not.

I sent a "new" book to the Jetbook and allowed Calibre to automatically convert it to epub format, and the Library field listed it correctly. Unfortunately, the Jetbook didn't like the epub file at all. I then used "Save To Disk" to dump the book in epub format to the SD card directly, which the Jetbook had no problems viewing. The original file was a LIT; the single file created during the first transfer came out in the format "author name#title_of_book.epub(170)" The "save-to-disk" option created "Author Name - Series Series Index - Title" .epub, .jpg, and .opf files. (I changed the output naming scheme in the preferences)

If there's anything else you'd like me to try, please let me know.

Is there a way to import the books that came with the Jetbook to the Library? (Short of "saving-to-disk", then re-importing them?)

Thanks!

Last edited by ccayer; 05-11-2010 at 12:55 AM.
ccayer is offline   Reply With Quote