View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 04:58 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleing View Post
What about DRM? Does this involve the Adobe system?
If you go to Books on website rather than sync to store with Wifi, then you can download. Sometimes it's an epub without DRM and otherwise it's an ACSM 'ticket'. They expire (it's a small text file and you can see the expiry date/time). You then either use an Adobe program (not on Linux) to get the DRM epub, or use a plug-in on Calibre and then add the ACSM to Calibre before it expires and it appears as a DRM-Free epub (works on Linux, Mac and Windows).
If you sync the Kobo ereader with the same account to the Kobo store you usually get a kepub with DRM (there is also a plugin option for that too).

I've not used HumbleBundle, but have bought from Kobo. I never use WiFi on the Kobo ereaders and I have SideloadedMode=true which makes the 'My Books' be Home and 'Discover' is replaced by 'Activity'.
I use Calibre to manage all my ebooks from PD sources and from any store. An extra column indicates if pd or copyright.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote