View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 03:02 PM   #6
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have 3 tabs pinned in my browser for ereaderiq and I'd guess that I get at least 7 free books a week. As a way of reducing the volume I now restrict myself to male authors. Since I can't read one book a day I have to be aggressive at not wasting time on dud books. For me a dud book is one where I don't feel any connection or sympathy for the main character, where the characters are merely chess pieces on the board moved around for the sake of the story. So if I don't get that feeling after a few chapters, sometimes as few as one, I mark the book as finished and move on to the next one.

It does get discouraging and tiresome after having finished a great book or series and then having to slog through the first few chapters of a dozen or more duds.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote