View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My feeling is that speed reading isn't for everything, but it gives you the power choose how much time you spend on passages, without feeling like you missed it completely. Reading sections fast helps me enjoy novels more, because boring sections don't take such a toll.

One of my pet peeves is authors that hide critical story elements buried obscurely in just a few words in a boring section. So I skim and get burned later.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote