View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@gers1978: Amazon doesn't support sending KF8 stuff over email, so the only files it'll probably handle properly would be mobi 'old' files. (Take with a grain of salt, I don't use this service).
Interesting bug/quirk with the e-mail service:

If you create the Mobi with "both", then it has the Mobipocket and KF8 format embedded. Amazon's send-to-kindle will accept this file, but the results are inconsistent at this point.

Sometimes you get the Mobipocket version. Sometimes you get a KF8 version on devices that support it. If you get a KF8 version, then the cover won't show up on something like the Paperwhite. If you get the Mobipocket version, it will show the cover.

EDIT: Although NiLuJe is right, I've spent a couple hours trying to do this myself and it doesn't work. If you do get a KF8-enabled mobi onto your Paperwhite over e-mail, the cover doesn't show.

Last edited by Kolenka; 10-31-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote