Thread: SSH Help
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes, of course.

Code:
[root@kindle fonts]# grep ^root /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/tmp/root:/bin/sh
There are various ways to tackle this, either by changing root's home directory, or by doing some upstart magic at startup, but that wasn't the question of this thread.
Yes, I see that from your post.

But this is a Kindle Touch, isn't it? The one with so many trouble reports?

Perhaps the putting root's home directory into the /tmp directory that is subject to clean-ups is part of the source of those problems.

We should start a thread about moving root's home directory to somewhere that isn't volitale (sp?)
I can't be of much help yet - my serial adapter cable is still two weeks away.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote