View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreyR View Post
She has synced and bought books and updated her library and everything else one does with the Reader. She just uses the Kobo desktop software on a Mac. She does not use Calibre or ADE.

At one point a week ago or so, the desktop app told her to update, so she did, with me on the phone to help her through it. The update was successful.
If it worked fine, no reason to upgrade at all. I assume an option to say
"cancel" or alike?

Quote:
Today, however, things have gone to hell in a handbasket very fast. She plugged the reader into the computer this morning to charge it. Left it all day. Light did not turn the correct colour.
Few questions. Did she upgrade just desktop or both? If desktop only,
did she make something to the reader?

Quote:
I noticed right away that the reader will not show up on the desktop when it is plugged in (Manage Books is selected on the Reader). It does not show up in the Kobo software either.
Does it look like previous complaints on this forum? The first point would
be: does the reader work when powered up? Could your mom see the book
she likes to read?

Quote:
despite the light not being the right colour, the battery icon displays as charged on the reader.
You want to say the reader works? If so, just let her do factory reset. Make
the device not be the subject of further investigation. Then you both could
concentrate on debugging desktop app.

Let us know what happens later. I assume mode on the reader was chosen to
match.

Last edited by zoran; 01-11-2011 at 12:54 AM.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote