View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #13
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
I wonder how much dedicated-device preference is tied to people preferring a "book-like" reading experience. I've edited on computer for two decades. I'm comfortable reading on screen for work and leisure, without any book-like appearance. I started editing on amber screens, lol.
That's certainly the case for me. I'm a long time IT professional who was doing PDA and smartphone tech support for a large corporation when they first became a big thing. I'm used to spending many hours looking at backlit screens, and they don't really bother me, but when I want to relax with a book at the end of the day, I'd much rather look at an e-ink screen.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote