View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #24
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
sun surfer, you posted while I was writing my post so I didn't see it until afterwards! Hopefully you have some time to relax over the holiday and slow down.

I would be much further behind without the audiobook whisper-syncing. I have a lengthy commute so it makes a big difference with this multi-tasking to expand my reading time in a day. It also makes the commute more enjoyable and less tedious to have some entertainment.
Thanks! My time varies but I've also been travelling a good bit for work recently and that's leaving me a lot of time for audio. I've been using it the last few months to catch up on some of the few lit club books from the past I hadn't finished or got to. After finishing the audiobooks of Frankenstein in Baghdad and Eva Luna, I listened to Mrs Dalloway and In the Heart of the Sea, and am currently listening to A Tale of Love and Darkness.

I'm thinking about trying the audiobook of the Collins recommended by you and fantasyfan after I finish that if I get too far behind, because I want to finish it in a reasonable time for discussing and that would definitely speed up my progress dramatically, but I'm really enjoying reading it as an ebook. I'm over 15% now. I already have some suspicions but I don't want to say them at the moment. I don't think it would spoil anyone since I think all of you are ahead of me, but I'm afraid I may be wrong!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote