Thread: Literary Eva Luna by Isabel Allende
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 11:56 PM   #14
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Well, what with the timing of tomorrow being the series finale, this makes me think of the epic Game of Thrones television show. It was an excellent series when it still had books to adapt from. The last few seasons it passed the written books (which I've also read all of) and even though the author Martin gave the showrunners a general outline of what he plans to happen in the final unpublished books, the showrunners are having a terrible time wrapping things up properly. The rumour is that Martin is also having a terrible time finishing the last few books despite already knowing the general beats he wants to hit because everything is so sprawling in his story. Anyway, the showrunners of the television series are finishing up in a way that you both perfectly already described- straggly, compressed, lumpy and rushed.

What this has to do with Eva Luna, I'm not so sure.
What a hilarious parallel of GoT to Eva Luna. So true! With fewer happy endings though in GoT!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote