View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 05:49 AM   #45
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
As the person who suggested this category, the nominations have not been what I intended for them to be in order to be unique and think out of the box. Same old same old. I’m rather disappointed and don’t think that I’ll be contributing anything myself.
Like issybird, I too gave some thought to this, and had looked at some of the possibilities of the likes of Madeline Miller and some of the Hogarth Shakespeare. There was also Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys, but it isn't available as an ebook, at least with Kobo and so I assume not with Amazon either. Another possibility was Colm Tóibín's House of Names.

When considering a book to nominate, I take into account availability, price, and of course whether I think that other members of the Club might enjoy the book. I can't see much point in nominating a book that is unlikely to be interesting and/or enjoyable for other Club members.

I have to admit to feeling a bit taken aback by your comments, Bookworm_Girl, and I think it's a pity you aren't going to put in a nomination for the sort of book you thought we should have for this theme.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote