View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If memory serves me correctly, I think in Texas in the early and mid 1970s the law was tobacco could only be sold to 16 and older. But I think most of the store just ignored that law. I never saw any kid get carded or turned down. Perhaps if a small child tried to buy them, but not teenagers.

I turned 18 in 1976. By that year the laws lowering the drinking age were long in place so we could buy alcoholic beverages. So all through HS it was easy to find someone in school who was 18 and could buy it for you. We thought that was so cool back then, but now 4 decades later I see how incredibly stupid that was! I'm glad they raised it back up to 21.
You do realize I had the disadvantage of becoming well developed at 16. It was not hard at all to find people (ok guys) to buy me drinks.
Depending on where I was that wasn't hard at 14 or 15 either. (Your parents don't care if you drink, here honey or honeys (if my best friend was with me) have a beer or whatever the guy was drinking. Though we did quickly learn to ask what it was before taking a sip. Some whiskeys are just nasty.
*in hindsight, I don't know if it was didn't care or just didn't notice because before the divorce , both parents drank like fish together, after the divorce (thank god they divorced), they still both drank just not together.

And kids today wonder why they can't get away with as much and why the laws are harsher.
I think it is the your parents and in some cases grandparents did it first.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote