View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #22
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Nate's picked up the story on his blog, which reminded me of a couple of aspects I meant to comment on and didn't. It is quite reasonable to wish to quantify the effect of making new releases immediately available in libraries on sales. However, an open ended trial is a trifle unusual and could be used to mask what is in effect a more permanent change of policy. Please note my use of the word could in this regard. And secondly, as Nate pointed out, there is little mystery why MacMillan ebook sales are steadily declining. And it is not because of library books.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote