View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Amazon is known for ease of use, so if the girlfriend wants little effort I would suggest the upcoming Kindle 3.

However, the Kindle 3 has a lot of flaws to my way of thinking. Since you expect the girlfriend to be willing to use calibre, she apparently has the energy to learn a little bit about how to use the device and make the most of it, as well as access to a computer.

In that case, I would recommend the jetBook Lite, which uses an SD card, has the reflective TFT screen (which I prefer over the eInk vizplex), and uses user-replaceable flashlight batteries. The JBL now can handle ADE ePub DRM as well as eReader DRM.

It was on sale two weeks ago at newegg.com for $89.99 with free shipping, and will undoubtedly go on sale again.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote