View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 04:22 AM   #6
albertp007
albertp007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Hi Zakky, I did it by changing a couple of lines of code in a development environment. Those changes are only in my own environment.

Hi Kovid, setting the interface style to system default in Calibre won't change the background to dark. I am running on the Windows 10 anniversary update (1607) which includes an option to switch it to Dark mode. It will change certain elements to have a dark background, but not all. For example. after selecting dark mode, the background for programs like notepad, file explorer etc, including Calibre (with interface style set to system default) are still light. Background color for taskbars and some other elements do go dark, but not all. We have the option to change theme to a high contrast theme, which does turn the background of applications dark, but then it makes the color of every other element looks not very pleasant. I read from somewhere that someone manage to change the background color of many applications to dark by changing settings in the registry, but that is a path I don't want to go down. This is more like a Windows problem which doesn't give you an easy way to theme it down to individual widgets, unlike Linux. Hence my attempt to make the qss-related change . If you have other suggestions, please do let me know, I am more than eager to try out.

Hi JSWolf, yeah, agree, will need to spend some time figuring out which element it is in the qss file and make the change accordingly.

Cheers,
Albert