View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #36
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
itimpi - I added a simple string substitution that correctly handles simple cases like series numbers from 0-999. Will be in the next release.

The challenge with sorting titles on leading non-alpha characters is a more complex issue because of the way I'm generating anchors in the generated HTML, and how/where such titles would be listed in the 'Books By Title' section.

For example, all titles are currently coerced to starting with A-Z, and the corresponding sections are named "Books beginning with 'A'", "Books beginning with 'B'", etc.

How would you propose listing titles starting with non-alpha characters? "Books beginning with '1'"? "Books beginning with non-alpha characters"? I'm trying to keep the output as clean as possible.

G
I would go with "Books beginning with non-alpha characters".

The example you gave a few answers above included 1776. Although the number is One Thousand Seventy Six most people would probably say it as Seventeen Seventy Six, so do you look for the book to be coerced under "O" or "S".

Leave it as 26 letters, and everything else.

Um: I forgot about greek etc