View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorken View Post
After I installed Adobe Digital Editions on my desktop, I logged onto myLibrary (my kobo account) and clicked on the "Adobe DRM Epub" button next to one book. The popup box asked if I wanted to open this file or save it. When I chose "save it", the file appeared to download but it did not ask me where I wanted to save it. After the download I did a search in windows explorer and found it had been saved in my "Documents and Settings/Downloads" directory. I right-clicked on it and selected "open this file" and it opened Digital Editions and showed the book being loaded to my Digital Editions library shelf. After I closed Digital Editions, I noticed the file had now been copied to my Digital Editions directory, so I deleted it from the "Documents and Settings/Downloads" directory as I didn't want to have two copies taking up space on my hard drive.
Just an FYI that first file isn't the .epub book. It's a .acsm file which tells ADE you have a license for a specific book and tells ADE where the Content Server it should download from and to activate the DRM for your specific Adobe ID which is when you actual .epub gets downloaded. And yes, you don't need the .acsm anymore once the .epub has been downloaded by ADE.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote