View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My son has been a voracious reader for several years. He was a non-reader for the first few years of school, but I got him into Harry Potter by telling him over and over to just read until Hagrid showed up, then it would get interesting. He read the first, like it and read the second. He still wasn't as excited about reading as I would have liked, but he was reading. He saw me reading #4 and claimed he would never read a book that thick. Well, he did, and others to boot. He has read the HP series more than once, the Inheritance series (Eragon), and the Jacques series about the animals? I forget what it is called. He even reads some of my books now, and I don't read the cleanest stuff out there. He loves Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series (I know, it's marketed in the romance section, but there is a lot of action), and others I've never read. He's 18 so the smut factor doesn't bother me.

My daughter, on the other hand, only started to read for fun last spring, about the time the "Twilight" movie came out because she wanted to read the book first. Imagine my surprise when I would go in her room at 2am to find her either reading, or asleep with the book on top of her? She still struggles (the reason she hated to read), but at least she is doing it. She takes after her father in that regard. I got her her first ebook when she needed the fourth Twilight book, but we couldn't get to town to buy it, and she didn't want to wait to buy from Amazon. She actually owned one before I did.LOL
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote