View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Problem with embedding fonts in PDF with Acrobat 9

Hey everyone,

I'm experimenting with creating PDF ebooks that are formatted appropriately for the PRS-505. So far I really like the look of the PDFs I am creating and I am considering making all my ebooks in PDF format (since the PRS is the only device I will be using to read them).

One problem I have been facing is that I am unable to embed the Caecilia font into my PDF when I try to create the PDF using Acrobat 9 from within Word 2007. From what I understand, this is a DRM/Copyright issue that prevents me from embedding the font?

I was wondering what my options are if I do want the look of Caecilia in my final PDF. Is there some way/setting that will allow me to rasterize the font so it doesn't need embedding? I tried printing to PDF using Acrobat Distiller. While this worked fine it also stripped all my hyperlinks thus ruining my TOC. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction so that I can use the font of my choice without destroying hyperlinks and my TOC in my final ebook PDF.

Thanks a ton!
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote