View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by phraje View Post
On Windows XP, my Kindle 2 shows up as a removable disc, but no directories are visible and I can't copy anything onto it. On Windows 7, I see the directories and can copy content, but it's only getting 2.28KB/sec, when it's transferring at all.

It took two hours to transfer 7.5MB in 21 books downloaded from manybooks.net. a 4.9MB MP3 is currently at the 22 minute mark, and isn't even 50% complete.

I'm not using any USB hubs. I'm hooked directly to the onboard USB.
First thing I suggest: try another USB cable. If that doesn't fix things...

I'd suggest taking your Kindle to another computer. Every so often folks get USB flash drives with bad FLASH chips that produce incredibly poor write speeds and need to have their USB flash drive replaced. The Kindle isn't immune to this kind of failure. If your Kindle is slow with the other system then likely your Kindle has issues.

Last night I transfered about 150MB of titles from Fictionwise onto my Kindle 1 and Kindle 2 (the big re-sync) via USB and it only took a couple minutes for each Kindle to swallow everything (several hundred titles).
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote