View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #150
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Btw, does anyone know if the image contains any info about the device's serial number? I.e. can I boot an image prepared for one AuraHD on a different (but identical model) Aura HD? I am asking because I want to run the firmware 3.8.0 but the latest is already 3.11.0, so if I let the new device do all that registration etc then it will download and install 3.11.0. Is there any way to avoid installing the latest firmware? (I can't remember if it was possible to cancel out of it somehow...)

UPDATE: I think it was possible to downgrade, i.e. I should be able to go back to 3.8.0 manually AFTER auto-upgrading to 3.11.0... I'll verify it on the broken device now.

Last edited by tigran; 11-29-2014 at 02:51 AM.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote