View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
andrusz
andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andrusz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle K3
I have just updated my Kobo to v2.3.1 firmware. Decided also to reinstall Japanese dictionary. It is different! They made a major change to the dictionary files format.

What has changed:
- file modification date is: 2012-11-21
- new dictionary zip file contains 8366 files: words file, words.original file, 3957 kana (readings) and 4407 kanji files. "Kana" files uses the same naming as in previous version, "kanji" filenames contains single(!) kanji character (with html extension, gzipped).
- words.original file contains only readings or only kanji word in a single line, e.g.:
Code:
あ
ああ
あい
あいあいがさ
あいいく
あいいれない
出
出かける
出がけ
出し
出しゃばる
出し入れ
出し惜しむ
- I did not find any major differences in the html definitions format comparing to the old (previous) version, except there is no "kanji" tag now.

Quick verification how it works while reading a book shows no more "stupid" definitions for the kanji And you can also read alternative reading (and meanings) for the kanji on subsequent pages

So it looks like Kobo programmers have been working hard recently and did fantastic job

Last edited by andrusz; 12-22-2012 at 05:37 AM.
andrusz is offline   Reply With Quote