View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #620
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post

Tragically understandable, as no one else foresaw them either, including New York's mayors and governors of the past two decades.

We've been so distracted (and I think deliberately misled) by the idea of terrorists that no one has been paying attention to the meteorological trending of the past forty years as opposed to that of the previous history of the world. It took decades before the case against tobacco could be made in the face of hired contrarian scientists, but that only affected the individuals who chose to smoke and those who had to live with them. The rising waters that hit us this time might well be back and they are the true danger that threatens the country and indeed the rest of the world.

So sorry to hear of your neighbors' losses as well as your own.
Thanks. I'll admit it's been a grind. But still thankful that for me it wasn't worse. What others are facing is heartbreaking.

Now, we are starting to see conceptual designs of ocean barriers to protect NYC. A whole boatload of money needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

How many people in NY/NJ will rebuild their houses hurricane proof and on 14' pillars?
Probably very few. Many are claiming they want to rebuild. "It's my home!" But no one is saying they are making preparations for further storms. A few do want FEMA to purchase their homes.

I wonder how they will insure them after this? Insurance companies are leaving in droves except Lloyd's of London.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote