View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #997
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
The "auto crop" option in the reading menu now works well for me. I still have a complaint though: when I set this option then the joystick becomes completely useless, as it just shows me the margins. Before the 1.8 update, the joystick was used for turning pages. This habit dies hard. Can we have it back as an option? Turning pages is (at least for me) by far the most frequently used function; the buttons are stiff/loud/hard-to-find, the joystick is much less distracting. Note that in all the other applications (besides the new pdf reader) the joystick is still used for turning pages, which makes it really confusing.
Shall we vote ?
There are a couple of us who requested this change and works OK for us
The new settings add more functionality to the ereader.
However I had the impression that in this new release (I have not tested it yet) you can reassign the function of the joystick

PS: you might want to read the post of one of our members who intensively used the joystick and he had to replace it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194860
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote